Mount Vernon Mills Joins Cotton LEADS™ Sustainability Program
MAULDIN, SC – February 17, 2014 – In an expansion of the company’s sustainability efforts, Mount Vernon Mills recently joined Cotton LEADS™, a new sustainable sourcing program that encourages responsible growing practices of cotton growers in the U.S. and Australia. Cotton LEADS is vital to the textile and retail industries because it provides traceability in the global textile supply chain. The program is centered around five principles:
- Commitment to the social, environmental, economic and regulatory factors to produce world-class cotton
- Recognition that sustainable and responsible cotton production requires continual improvement, investment, research, and sharing of best practices information among growers and industry
- Understanding that leading change in responsible and sustainable cotton practices will have the most positive impact when implemented in collaboration with farm, regional, national and international programs
- Belief in the benefit of working cooperatively with similar programs that seek to advance responsible and sustainable cotton production in an effort to keep global cotton competitive in world fiber markets.
- Confidence in a cotton identification system that ensures traceability from farm to manufacturer
True to the company’s commitment to innovation and fiber-to-finish transparency, Mount Vernon Mills is one of the first companies to join the Cotton LEADS program, which began last September and continues to gain momentum. Mount Vernon Mills manufactures a variety of products made with cotton, including workwear and flame resistant fabrics under Mount Vernon FR. Joining the Cotton LEADS program is just another component of Mount Vernon FR’s dedication to producing high quality fabrics that help protect customers and the environment.
For more information, please contact:
About Mount Vernon Mills and Mount Vernon FR:
Mount Vernon FR is the flame resistant fabric division of 165-year-old textile manufacturer, Mount Vernon Mills. When laundered to manufacturer’s specifications, the flame resistance of all Mount Vernon FR fabrics is guaranteed for the life of the garment. With total manufacturing control over more than 25 production processes in the company’s vertically integrated manufacturing facility located in Trion, Ga., customers can have confidence in knowing that every Mount Vernon FR fabric will be of the highest level of quality, durability and reliability. Mount Vernon FR fabrics are all made in the USA. Learn more at www.mvmfr.com.